Isaiah 41:10, Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. ESV
There are 5 good reasons in this verse alone why we should not fear. I believe God is instilling in His people to “take courage,” because fear is a spiritual force of darkness. Anything which aligns with darkness and the enemy of the world, we need not participate with. Agreement produces fruit. If we agree with fear, it will effect our mobility for the cause of Christ and Kingdom advancement. It will also effect our personal lives and moving into our God-given assignments.
Let’s take a look at 5 reasons from this verse why we should not fear.
Fear defined- a feeling of anxiety or agitation caused by the presence of nearness of danger, evil, pain, etc. timidity, dread, terror, fright, apprehension. Websters’ Dictionary.
- I am with you. The kingdom of God is an internal kingdom. He is always with us. We have no reason to fear when the Creator of the Universe is with us, in us and always available. We have access to the King of Kings, 24/7. Oftentimes in the Bible God would remind His people to fear not, because He was with them. The same is true today. Since He is with us, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, we can access God’s help anytime.
- I am your God. Let us ” be not dismayed.” Dismayed means “to make afraid or discouraged at the prospect of trouble or danger.” Our God is fully capable of defeating our enemies. As we partner with Him, trusting in His love and power, we shall overcome the attack of our enemy. There should be nothing in our hearts that usurps our devotion unto the Lord. He alone is God.
- I will strengthen you. Strengthen means having the “power to resist strain, stress, attack, the quality of being strong. Force, power, vigor, durability.” The Lord is our strength. He will strengthen us as we give Him prayer and word time. Without time given to those things which strengthen our spirit man, our flesh will become the dominating power in our lives. The flesh can be influenced by worldly spirits. Let us not fear for the Lord is our strength!
- I will help you. Help-“to make things easier, assist, relief, money. To make it easier for something to exist, develop, happen, improve.” The Lord is our help. In fact, scripture states that one of the names of the Holy Spirit is Helper. God knows everyone’s trouble, and specific needs. As we call on Jesus, He will pour out His grace to bring us safely through. There is no need too large or too small that he can’t cover.
- I will uphold you. Uphold- “to hold up. To keep from falling. Give moral or spiritual support , encourage.” Jesus will uphold us in this season, and every season. We will not fall over or give in to fear. The Lord our God is our strength, fortress and rock.
May you walk in the strength of the Lord, assured of His help, and fully convinced He is always with you. Let us release the kingdom of heaven on earth everywhere we go!